Self Moving or Full service moving
this is the question. Ooh, moving is inevitable. Now that you have been given a transfer to another town or state ……what does this tell you? You have to move….right, that’s true. Of course you can’t be moving a 100 Mile to work and back on daily basis! Now that you are sure that you have to move to a new home, how do you plan to relocate all what you have? From that exquisite furniture to the fragile glasses in your kitchen cabinet! Two options are at your disposal, which one do you choose to help you move to your new home? Is it, self moving or full service moving? … This has been the dilemma faced by many people who are facing relocation scenarios, but worry no more; we will help you choose the best option to cater for your relocation needs.
Whether to choose a self moving or a full service moving is at the discretion of the individual involved. Your capacity in terms of resources, moving experience and information about other moving services available for relocation are factors that affects any person decision on what kind of relocation service to settle for. With regard to this, let’s look at the intricacies behind each kind of moving service, its pros and cons and this will shed some right and guide you in making the right decision which will facilitate your moving successfully.
Full service moving
Here you are the boss, no work! No nothing! All you do is to sit back and relax; you are the “king” here. This is a type of a service where the relocation company will take charge of all the tasks from packing, loading, transporting, unloading your goods and any other additional service that you might have agreed. In this kind of service, you will have to pay for the distant moved, size of the truck used, packing fee and any materials used in packing among other charges. This is regarded as the most efficient and hustle free option although you have to pay an extra sum for the professional services.
Here you are no boss; you do from A to Z! When you opt for a self moving, it is your business to know where to start the whole moving process and where to end it! You do the packing, loading and unloading. The only thing that a moving company will do is just to drive your goods to the new destination. That’s all! In self moving, you only need to pay the distant rate, the truck and other driving expenses like gasoline. This option is arguably cheaper than full service moving option although it has its own short comings
The above two options can suit different individual needs. They have both their benefits and shortcomings which are elaborated below.
Pros of full service moving: Limitations of self moving
1. High convenience– one thing about hiring a professional to help with your moving is that your peace of mind will not be tampered with. It saves you from the relocation hustles. No relocation syndrome! It is stress free. Here all you need is to direct the professionals, show them what your belongings are, what you want packed and what you want to leave behind. Unlike self moving, you will worry about anything. Here you are assured that everything is in safe hands of skilled professionals. On the other hand, a self service option is not convenient as such. The fact that you will perform all the duties from packing to unloading can drive you crazy. It is brain racking!
2. Saves your time – time is of great essence. By engaging a full service moving, you are free to do your other business .Anyway they don’t need your assistance, they are in control. This is unlike self moving where you will have to do it all leaving you with no time at all. When you have enough time, you are able to prepare your family for the relocation both physically and mentally. You also have some time to bid goodbye to your neighbors and even have time to prepare your new home before moving. For the self service option, everybody will be involved right from your family members to your neighbors. You are bogged down with tasks and have no time to relax and imagine your new home…that is for later, work first!
3. Safety is enhanced– with professional hands on your possessions, you can relax. A full service mover will send professionals to your home to do the packing. With them, you don’t have to worry about breakage or furniture scratches. These people are trained and have all that it takes for safe packing. With great efficiency and caution, they will put everything intact in it’s right packing crate. The same goes during unpacking. They will unpack swiftly leaving your house palatable; everything in its right place as directed by you! A self moving service is a do it at your own risk option. You will execute your moving process traditionally, which can be tricky.
4. Packing and loading services – when you engage professionals to handle the moving, they will often come before the moving to assess your possessions. This means that they know the right box sizes which will fit your goods, what protective gears to carry along and the size of truck to carry your goods. Professionals will handle the loading of every element of your house. They will do the heavy lifting of your furniture and transporting the same. In this case, you don’t have to beg your neighbors to come for your rescue during the moving day to assist in packing and loading. In addition, you save your loved ones from fatigue and from any kind of accident as they struggle to move the heavy furniture and boxes.
5. Full insurance package – imagine that your neighbor has just accidentally scratched that antique dresser you adore so much! Will he or she be willing to make good the scratch? I guess no. Anyway he was just helping you! This is what happens when you opt for self moving. The last thing you would wish for is to remain with nothing if the worst happen and an accident occurs as you move your goods. With a full service moving, you have an option to safeguard your goods from any peril by purchasing a full insurance option cover. With this, you can be sure that any breakage or damages to your goods will be made good.
Limitations of full service moving: Pros of self moving
1. Costly –Time is money. Consequently, when a full service moving company saves your time by eliminating all the moving hustles; emotional stress and physical stress to your body giving you superb comfort, this means that you have to cough for some extra dollars as compared to self moving where you can do most of the things by yourself.
2. Less control over the moving activities – when a full service company is handling all the moving fundamentals, you have less control over the moving activities. This is centrally to self service where you have full control right from the packing to the unpacking of your items. In self moving, you are able to take optimal caution while packing the fragile things and other valuables. In addition you can oversee the whole moving process. In this way, your goods cannot get lost on the whole process of get mixed with others as you are in full control.
This gives you a blueprint towards making that crucial decision on whether to go for a self moving or a full service moving option.