Moving Day Tips
Moving is a paradox to many. Let’s see what they think: where do I start? Who will help me? Which is the best company for the job? How will I acclimatize in the new environment …and the puzzle is endless. This is what troubles many people in America. Most people are entirely concerned on how they will move to their new home… there should be no cause of alarm. All you need is to play your game in a smart way, which starts by knowing what you want. If you are aware of how you want thing to be, then you can make it happen!
Before the moving day, what are you supposed to have done?
The actual moving day can be a striking-hard day if you don’t take proactive measure to make your day smooth. Remember that this is the ultimate end day of your moving plans. This is the real day where you will give yourself a score with regard to how things turn out. It therefore becomes necessary to give the best of your energies and mind towards achieving the best for the day. To underscore the same let’s have a look of what basics should be incorporated in your activities.
Planning – This is inevitable! If you don’t plan be sure to fail miserably. Using the rule of thumb sometimes doesn’t help! By planning for your move, you are able to put all your dimensions in place by finding the strategies on how you will effectively achieve a successful moving day free of any hustle
• Start by planning your old home basics: here, you ought to know what you want to carry with you and what you intend to leave behind. It’s good to make a check list of all your possessions. This will help you to eliminate what you don’t want to bring with you and plan what you will buy for your new home. By planning every aspect of your home, it will give you an easy time while packing your things and will also relive your family of stress that comes with change.
• Plan your new home affairs: this goes a long way in attaining tranquility in your new home. Of course you want your family to be comfortable in their new home. You need to organize where your kids will be attending school, pay the utility bills, change the home address, arrange for a veterinary who will check any animals which you might carry along, plan on how your new home will look like and where to place all the items which you are
relocating. It is also advisable to visit your new home with your family. By doing this, your family will become familiar with their home to be and will not be stranded on the moving day.
• The moving company: it’s imperative to hire a trust worthy company for your relocation. Check moving tips and advice. Once you have the best company at hand, plan on how it will get to your place, how will they access your compound? Do you need to bring down part of your fence? This will ease pressure on the moving day.
Moving day has been dreaded by many, they just wish the day off! But this is supposed to be a time of joy; you should take it as an adventure with a destination in mind. Now that you have done almost 95% of the preparation, this makes your moving day very simple and straight forward. No hustles!
What do you do on moving day?
Now the big day is here with you, the big question is, how do you execute the day? Don’t worry; here is a guideline on how you are supposed to treat the day.
1. Wake up early than usual: This is no time to sleep until 8.00am in the morning. You need to wake up early enough to check things out. Note that this may be influenced by the time the moving company will be arriving to commence their work. Remember that you have to pack the beddings and any other necessities that you were using overnight. This will also give you time to check out if everything is in order before the movers arrive.
2. Take care of the garbage: Make sure you don’t leave your garage in the house. The movers may pack them into their garbage cans and carry it to your new home! Isn’t this frustrating? Make sure that you clean your house and identify the things which you don’t want the movers to pack. You can rebel them in a different color.
3. When the movers arrive: Welcoming them does not hurt at all. It will make them feel at home. Direct them to your house and give all the instructions on how you want your things done. This will ensure that no misunderstanding happens during the whole moving process.
4. Moving company’s driver’s contact: It’s wise to have the driver’s cell phone number and know all the names of those people who are helping you to move. This will facilitate your communication if anything arises and attention is needed. This means that you won’t have to run up and down looking for any one or guessing their names. Make sure that you are available for mover’s questions or clarification.
5. Counter checking: by strategically standing on the door way, you will be able to see whether everything is going as per the plan. Once they have finished packing, it’s wise to check if everything has been packed. A check list will help you in this process. some of the items to verify once before closing that door are;
• Are the lights off?
• Is the water shut off?
• Have you left anything in the drawers, closets, in garage, in bathroom and any other suspicious place
• Are the fans, are conditioners turned off?
6. Once the movers have loaded all the goods into their trucks ensure that you sign all the necessary documents pertaining to the moving of your possessions.
7. If you are not moving along with the goods, ensure that that you keep constant communication with the driver or the company contacts. This will keep you updated on the whereabouts of your goods and also will give you an approximate time when you will expect the movers to arrive at your new home
8. You have to be present when the movers are arriving at your house. This will ensure that all the unloading and positioning of your goods is done as per your directions. You have also to make sure that everything is in one piece. If some of your valuables are broken or your furniture scratched, you have to let the moving company know and claim for compensation! If everything is ok. Thank heavens! You can commence a new life in a new home.
The above will assist you in managing the whole day’s affairs and will help you achieve a superb moving day.