Cheap Long Distance Moving ? Imagine this : your goods are damaged, you are missing some of them, the moving company staffs are rude to you and to top it all, the moving company has just missed your new home address! Would you be smiling after such an experience? I guess no! This underscores the very reason why you need an above par good long distance moving company to relocate your goods safely and with optimal convenience.
Just imagine the stress which comes with long distance relocation. You have to leave your comfort zone and experience change. This means that you will have to leave your past behind; your friends and other acquaintances. This can turn out to be so emotional and stressful-“the new lifestyle syndrome”.
Long distance moving company can be brain-racking, unlike any other moving services; there are a lot of complexities which come with. This means that you need a more complex planning and an additional budget just to mention but a few. Consequently, you have to be more informed about long distance movers before making any hasty decision on choosing the best moving services to hire for your relocation needs.
Who is a long distance movers?
In simple terms, this is a company that offers moving services involving long distances. This may involve moving from one state to another or a distance exceeding about 100 miles. this may come with enormous challenge and planning is inevitable in this case. But where do you start this hustle? Given that time and resources are limited, you need to be ready to move
What are the initial things you should do in order to succeed with long distance movers?
- Be proactive – Failing to plan is planning to fail. With this said, it becomes imperative for you to put everything in order before the big day. Planning ahead is essential as you will be able to make and review your budget and make the necessary reviews to cater for the charges by the long distance mover. You will also be able to decide on what to carry and what to let go. This will enable you to lower relocation cost as the less your stuff the lower the cost of relocating them.
- Decide on the service you need from the moving company – what will you prefer; packing and unpacking your possession and leaving the rest to the moving company or leaving the whole process to the professionals? Some people may prefer doing some of the thing to minimize the cost involved as the more the service from the long distance moving company, the higher the cost! On the other hand, you may find it prudent to engage a full service mover. With a full service mover, be assured that all will be taken care of but at an extra cost.
- Organize the set up services –your new home need to be planned for. You need to establish your home setup arrangement so that you can quickly settle in your new home without many difficulties. You can also pay for these services from the long distance moving company who will leave everything well settled.
- Long distance moving company analysis – this is where most of us make brunt mistakes by choosing their long distance moving company blindly. Don’t decide on a company just because your mum or any other family member proposed it. Do a deep analysis to dig out all the company’s fundamentals. This will open your eyes to the kind of moving services they offer, how efficient the long distance moving company is, its charges and its experience in the industry. Once you have a few companies to check from, you can be assured of getting a good bargain.
To ensure successful relocation, it’s advisable to settle for the best long distance movers in the industry. Your goal should be to find a professional who is honest and trustworthy. To achieve this, a strict criterion should be used in sieving the unworthy long distance moving company. This includes,
- >Company’s accreditation – This is important as to have trust in any moving company, you need to check it’s accreditation. Check whether it has an operating license issued by Federal Motor Carrier & Safety Administration (FMCSA). In addition, the company should be having a license number issued by the Department of Transportation (DOT). This is the first step towards getting a good long distance company.
- Company’s ProMover Logo – this will indicate the company’s service quality and credibility. ProMover Logo is issued to company that has met quality and credibility standards by American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA). Before deciding on any company, first check for this logo in the company’s website or other marketing paraphernalia.
- The company BBB rating – in order to have an idea of how the moving company does it’s business, it is good to check at their BBB rating. BBB (Better Business Rating) is one of the best sources which you can rely on for information about the long distance moving company ratings and standards. The better the rating, the better the company!
- Insurance arrangements –Do the long distance moving company company offer any insurance package against any peril? If you are a risk avoidance kind of a person, and you need your goods to be insured against any peril which may include breakage, theft or loss, then, it is good to settle for the company offering such a package
- Companies payment options and charges – a good company should give you a fair price for its moving services. Before you settle for any, it is worth checking whether the prices match your budget. Try different quotes from various companies to see which matches your financial capabilities. Remember, cheap is not always the best, the same goes for expensive services…. Both may frustrate you. It is advisable that you check the prices and other company fundamentals before making your decision. Payment options are also critical. A good company will give you various payment options which add to your convenience. This may include cash, direct deposit or credit card.
- The long distance moving company resources – A company with vast transportation resources including trucks, vans, man power and other storage facilities portrays its capacity to handle relocation successfully. It is wise to check these basics before choosing a company. This will ease your transportation needs.
- Additional moving services- Many relocation companies are known for their dishonesty about additional services and charges. These companies don’t disclose about these charges only for you to find a hefty bill for the same. It is wise to ask for any clarification about these charges during the entire relocation process. However, reputable and honest companies will itemize all the additional services and their respective charges giving you corresponding explanation.
To sum it all, you should also check from other customers review pertaining to different long distance moving company . This will give you the reality on the ground with regards to different relocation company’s services and professionalism. You can even contact different customers who have been served by the long distance moving company under your review.
My Long Distance Movers understands the essence and the power behind information… by taking time to research about different long distance moving companies; you will have good pay off as you will be able to avert many of the mistakes that most people do only to regret later after a massive frustration. The above tips will help you to settle for the best professional long distance moving company to help your relocation endeavors succeed.